Applied Navigation is a small, fast moving company where each employee is expected to draw from their own experience and judgement to design new products and components. We prefer mentoring over micro-management, targeted collaboration over meetings, and sound design over rush-to-market. If you are a self-starter that prefers open-ended problems and learning new skills then we may be the perfect fit for you.
SW Engineer – User Interface
Applied Navigation is seeking candidates for a software engineering position for graphical user interface work. Primary responsibility of this position is to design, develop, and implement software for our primary user interface, Vigilant Spirit, using Microsoft .net framework. Candidates are expected to design user interface features from high-level requirements or user stories. Direct communication with customers to understand their needs is also required.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Design and implement new features for Vigilant Spirit for operating unmanned air vehicles.
- Interface with customers to provide support and gather feature requests.
- Support external developers in developing custom plugins.
Additional Job Functions to be Tailored to the Candidate’s Goals:
- Develop training material.
- Design and implement new features for Quattro Engineering Tool, written in Qt5.
- Shape the Applied Navigation product roadmap.
- Provide customer training for user interface interaction.
- Implement communication protocols in the autopilot embedded code (C/C++).
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3 years’ experience in UI software engineering or similar role.
- Programming experience with C#.
- Programming experience with Microsoft .net.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Experience with autonomous vehicle human machine interface.
Work Location and Travel
This is primarily a remote position. Some travel is required to meet with customers and support flight test. Travel will be limited to no more than one week every month.